Thursday, December 2, 2010

Someone needs a nickname!

I received an email from an associate a couple of weeks ago asking if he could come talk to me about the YP group. I said sure, and didn't think anything more about it until a few days later when my work phone rang (which it never does) and he was in the lobby asking me to let him in. I'm sure glad I did, because he is CUTE!! We ended up talking about the group and things in general for over an hour. I found out he is new to the city, and I could empathize. I give him a YP shirt, and he goes on his merry way. Meanwhile, I'm kicking myself for not inviting him to something.

I get an email about a half hour from his personal email, and it says how awesome it was to talk to me, and gives me his phone number to call if I want to hang out. I just so happened to have a dinner and a movie with friends planned that night, so I invited him along and gave him my number in exchange. I didn't hear back from him via email, but about an hour later, I receive a text saying he had purchased his ticket and that he would see me at the restaurant that night.

It was a great night with friends- just the perfect mix of people, and everyone said we need to make it a regular thing. DR had such a great time, and we talked up ultimate frisbee to the point he agreed to come play. He said he's never played before, but he was a natural! I admit, I was showing off a bit for him, and it is to my advantage to be one of the few girls on the field.

We've talked a bunch since then, both via text and work IM. I finally worked up a nerve to ask him out, and texted him that I had a question, but no pressure. He sent me the nicest response back:

"I wouldn't mind that eventually but would like to hang out again as a group before I start looking at dating anyone. I am looking to make friendships first and then look at dating. I am flattered that after meeting/hanging out for a weekend you asked me out. I know that takes a lot of courage and I am sorry but gonna have to pass for right now."

It's a very sweet way to tell me he's not interested. I figured since he's new to town, I would get the jump on other girls and see if he was of like mind. At least this way, we can continue to hang out, and he is aware of my interest, should he choose to act on it. We're going to dinner and bowling as a group this Friday, so it should be another blast!

1 comment:

  1. He wants to hang out with me (and a group) every weekend now . . . hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete