Tuesday, December 14, 2010

You'd think I'd learn

As promised, the update about my trip to Keeneland this year:

I don't know what it is, but I seem to court drama every time I go to that place. I love going, but this is beginning to get ridiculous. Last year I had all the issues with D and J, that resulted in a huge mess, the end of one friendship, and a stage one clinger with J.

This year, Nola had mentioned that he might come down and hang out in Keeneland. I didn't expect it, but imagine my surprise when he actually showed! The problem came with one of my friends from work that came along. I seriously thought he was gay, and had made an offhand comment that morning, and he corrected my misconception immediately. I didn't think anything of it, and said no more. Nola shows up in time for lunch, and I can't shake my coworker. I realize he didn't know hardly anyone else there, but part of the fun of Give Back events is the networking and meeting new people. So I had a lovely lunch with both guys. *eye roll* He got so obnoxious about sticking by my side for the afternoon that Nola finally gave up trying to talk to me and hang out, and went to hang with some other people he knew. He ended up leaving early and I felt terrible because we couldn't spend any time together.

I guess I can't totally hate on the experience, as Nola and I still date occasionally (damn our busy schedules). It also brought me closer to Josh, my brother from another mother. I freakin' love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment