Monday, December 13, 2010

The Off Kilt'r Pub

For any of you that follow my feed on Facebook, you may have noticed a trend- I'm always going to the Kilt! I really love that place; it's like my Cheers. I first went with A to hang out with him as he never comes over my way (until this past Wednesday night), and I've gradually met a great group of people there. I love Mike and Landon, the owners, they always greet me by name and hug me when I leave. I've also met several guys there that I've felt instantly comfortable with- including the guy I'm currently dating. It helps my level of trust that he is a confirmed "doctor" of the Kilt'r Krew and I know the guys have my back. Plus, if he treats me badly, he has to answer to all of them. We'll see how this goes. He says he doesn't want a relationship and is a bad boyfriend, but so far he's treated me really well. I told him I'm not labeling him, and we're hanging out without expectations. I can tell he's been hurt before.

Anyway, got off the post topic a bit. I love having a place to go where you walk in and they shout your name. I love the resident old fart that hugs me when I come in and is the only one I allow to call me "Annie." I love the crazy marine that always has the best stories and you know he'd be the one sitting beside you in jail saying, "what a ride!" I love that DJ Rob is there every week, and plays my favorite songs.  I love knowing that any one of them in there have my back and would jump to my defense. In fact, they may love me just a little bit more than they love A. If things don't work out with this new guy, I have a feeling I will still be embraced, but he may be uncomfortable for awhile.

I think I may head over there tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment