Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Update on all the boys boys boys

1.  The musician:  After not hearing from him for days, and having our plans on Monday fall through, I thought we were done.  I texted him today, "give it to me straight- should I stop trying with you?"  He responded no and that he has been really busy with the holidays.  He's been working 36 hour shifts, coming home and crashing for 12 hours, then working another 36 hours.  He actually crashed in the middle of our conversation today.  I told him I did want to spend time with him, but I can wait until he lets me know a time that's convenient for him.  We'll see if that progresses at all.

2.  Nola:  We went out for drinks last night after a cancellation on each of our parts.  I had a couple and decided to confront him whether we were hanging out as friends or dating.  He said he answers my question with a question mark.  He was being deliberately obtuse, and really enjoyed seeing my confusion.  He loves to tease me and really grins when I am most annoyed.  At least now, he knows my interest in him and I asked him point blank if he wanted to date me.  He said he already answered that question (with a QUESTION MARK!!).  I then asked him if he wanted to see me again, and he said yes.  He also offered to let me come over and sober up at his house, but I declined.  He walked me back to my car when I did sober up, and I said something to the effect that if he had bought me a few more shots he might have been able to take advantage.  He said he doubted it would take any at all, and when I agreed, he told me not to tempt him.  So, I'm still confused as to what we're doing, but we'll continue to see each other, and maybe I'll take him up on the offer of his house next time.

3.  BH:  Again, see previous post.

4.  Navy:  Asked him to come to the Kilt a couple of times, and haven't gotten him to go.  We've texted a bit, but I think he's avoiding me after messing around last time.  He's confused by his feelings and doesn't want me influencing his decision.

5.  M:  Disappeared offline for awhile, and I figured that was that.  He reappeared today on Facebook, so I expect him to contact me any time now.

6.  DR:  Out of town visiting family.  I'm going to put together another group thing after the first of the year, and he'll be invited.  Plus, he's promised to invite me to his housewarming party.

7.  J:  Wished him a Merry Christmas and will probably call him to see how he's been after the new year.  I'd like to think we're still friends, and I hate to lose touch.

8.  A:  We had a conversation the other day, and while I didn't confront him on his behavior, I think we're on the same page now, and will just be friends.  He acknowledged the attraction between us, but said he wasn't going to act on it.  I'm fine with that, I just wanted the awkwardness to go away and I hope that he'll stop with the jealous behavior.  I'm still open to something in the future, but I'll let him decide that, and he has his own issues to work through first.

I did discover, after much thought today, that I have placed myself in a similar situation to A.  I'm surrounded by boys just like he's surrounded by women.  So, with that thought, today begins my weed out.  BH, J, and A are all done- we'll be friends, but no expectations of more.  I'll see how it goes with the musician, but I only have so much patience.  Nola I will continue to push to see how he really feels, and he may or may not come off this list.  Navy may continue to avoid me or it may turn around.  M is a distinct possibility as he REALLY likes me, but as I haven't met him in person, he could be insane or trying for a green card.  Being very cautious there.  And finally, I really wish DR would date me.  He's so cute and sweet, and basically awesome in every way.  I know we would have some good times, and I could see it developing long term.

So I guess this list is actually at two, and not eight.  Who knows what the future holds?

No comments:

Post a Comment