Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What does this mean now? (Answer below)

Me: Happy Tuesday! How was your christmas?
BH: Family friends food, folly and a few gifts
Me: Folly? Nice alliteration though
BH: It was an f word
Me: Lol. I got that. I thought you got into some mischief this weekend
BH:Well......... yeah
But I need a few days and weeks to sort it out before I can tell ya
Me:Well that's quite mysterious of you. Way to tease me cause you know I want to know
BH: I wanna know too, but I need to figure some things out first
Me: Lol. Ok that's fair. You tell me when you're ready and I'll keep bugging you in the meantime
BH: Sounds like a plan
Me: Do you have next Monday off?
BH: Noop
Me: Well bummer. I do and I'll be in michigan so I was thinking about stopping by
BH: I'm home at night, so we can see. You might be able to drive then! Probably none of that other stuff that we tried though.
Me: Lol that was kinda what I was hinting about with coming over. I understand if you're not interested any more
BH: Like I said, it just felt like it was being pushed or forced too hard. Just didn't feel right, and kinda awkward
Me: Oh I'm sorry. I didn't get that at all. I guess I was the pushy one. I didn't mean to come across that way
BH: Haha I was pushy! Well we both were
Me: I didn't think you were pushy at all. You were just doing what I wanted
BH: I meant, well I dunno... trying to force a square peg in a round hole? Nah that's a bad analogy also
Me: Lol. I guess we could have slowed down and just made out or something but I wanted more
BH: Well I did too, or I thought I did
Me: Hmmm. I think you're second guessing yourself now and you forget that the weekend was just about us having a good time. I certainly did. Didn't you?
BH: Yes I did.
Me: Ok well then awkward or pushy or whatever seemed to work. Don't worry so much about it or about me. Besides, I'm game to try again, you just let me know. You work out what you need to work out. I'm always here to talk or whatever

Update:
Well, I guess I have my answer now.  We talked some more yesterday, which follows.

Me:I've been doing a lot of thinking today too and in the interest of full disclosure I should tell you that I like you a lot and I'm interested in pursuing whatever with you even if you are only interested in FWB or just being friends. I think we've got a comfortable thing going on and I don't want to push you.
BH:  Friends for sure, groping friends if the urge arises? Full on FWB I think I wanna avoid. Definitely have to be demoted if something else develops. Aka "folly"
Me:  Ok I understand. I guess you did have quite the interesting weekend. I'm glad we have all this out in the open minus your "folly"
BH:  :-D yeah that ones gonna take a while to sort out. Nuttin bad, just complicated
Me:  Does it have anything to do with the woman from your christmas party a few weeks ago?
BH:  Uh, yup
Me:  Well that is interesting.  I understand why it might take several weeks, etc, now to sort out. I told you if she was interested she would contact you.  Just out of curiosity- if I still lived in michigan, would you have attempted to pursue anything with me?
BH:  Its a distinct possibility. The no kids thing was a hit
Me:  I've had several years to think about that and it's not something I'm changing my mind on.  I wish you the best of luck.

Basically, he met this woman at his company Christmas party a few weeks ago and gave her his number on a dare.  She's in the middle of a divorce and he didn't want to be the rebound, but he was interested.  She contacted him this past weekend and they hung out, so he wants to see where things go with her.  He still wants to talk to me, but there won't be a repeat of a couple of weeks ago.  It's a shame I don't live in Michigan anymore, but I'm not moving back just for him.  I'm a little disappointed that our flirtation has ended, but it's probably better for me in the long run.  We'll see what happens, and I was sincere in wishing him the best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment