Monday, December 20, 2010

Boys, boys, boys buy me drinks in bars

I've been kind of vague and mentioned in passing some of the situations with guys I find myself in recently. I thought I'd take the time to lay it all out here, and realize that this may castigate me in some people's eyes. In no way is the list designed to make me look like a "playa" or be conceited in any way; it's just putting everything out there in black and white.

1. The musician: We've had some good times, but I feel like he's pulling away from me. We've only been dating a couple of weeks, but I did think he really liked me. I asked him point blank today if he still wanted to hang out with me, and he instantly responded with YES. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as he's an EMT/Firefighter and the holidays are the busiest time for him. Plus, he did text me spontaneously this weekend.

2. Nola: I hate that it seems like I keep him on reserve for dating, but our schedules are so busy that we don't have time to date more than once every couple of weeks. We have great conversations that last for hours, but he is so slow and deliberate, he hasn't made a single move after dating since October. We hug all the time, and he put his arm around me, but that's it. I feel kind of bad that he texted me to have drinks last night, and I didn't make it over there because I was drinking at the Kilt. To be fair, I did invite him to come my way.

3. BH: Good times had by all, see previous post.

4. Navy: He's so very lonely, and has told me he wants a long term relationship with me, that he can see leading to marriage. We talk all the time about the connection we share, but he is unwilling to act on it. He told me as long as he is in the military, he won't subject a woman to that because of all the infidelity that occurs. I told him since he plans on being a career military man, he's in for a lot of lonely years, and he's not giving me enough credit. We've hung out several times at the Kilt, and it used to be absolutely not, to now he's torn about it. I'm wearing him down, and we did have a bit of fun Thursday night.

5. M: Guy I've been chatting with online from Chemistry.com for a couple of weeks. He seems very sweet but shy, and I'm considering meeting him for the first time after the holidays. In a public place, of course.

6. DR: I've mentioned him before and he is so cute and nice and does like me, but he is so new to town, he doesn't want to commit to a relationship before gaining a circle of friends. Well, as long as I'm part of that circle, and he is aware of my interest, it's all good.

7. J: He always seems to be there in the background. See lots of previous posts from last year for that breakdown. Just when I think I'll never hear from him again (mostly because I've pissed him off), I receive a random text or call, like the one from last Friday asking how my Thanksgiving was and if I could help him with the number for the person in charge of benefits.

8. And finally, we have A: to add to the drama of the past few weeks, he got mad at me on Thursday. I was at the Kilt with Navy and we were sitting so close at a table when A came in. He saw us there and went straight to the bar and ordered a drink. He then proceeded to glare daggers at us for the next half hour until he decided to storm out. I felt bad for Brian as he was talking to us and had to go because A was his ride. Well, A and I are having dinner tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment