Monday, December 13, 2010

Awwwwwkward

Saturday night, I went to Mt. Adams with Brian and his girlfriend, and A as well. We were hanging out at AliveOne (which I liked very much, as it wasn't your typical Mt. Adams place), and I was having a deep conversation with A on a couch in the back. I got up to get another drink, and on the way back, a couple of guys stopped me to chat. We were joking around and flirting, you know, doing the regular bar talk, and they asked who I was here with. I pointed behind them at my friends (who had been joined by a couple of other people they knew at this point), and they all waved at me. Except A. He was glaring daggers at the gentlemen, so much so, that they asked if he was my boyfriend. I reassured them that I was single, but by then the fun mood was killed and I bid them goodbye. I'm sure if I had had 5 more minutes, and no jealous "friend" sitting there, I would have had one or both of their numbers.

I don't know what gives. He insists we're just friends but keeps perpetuating behavior like this. On the ride home, he had his arm around me the entire time. I'm almost to the point of confronting him, especially if this thing I have going with the other guy goes somewhere. In fact, A was the one dissenter to the relationship- kept telling me all the bad he knew about him and tried to warn me off. "He did drugs." So did you. "He's a horndog and wants sex." So are you, and most people do. "He hangs out at the Kilt all the time." So do you, so do I, and about 20 other people.

It's getting to the point that I won't be able to hang out with him anymore. He is not my boyfriend, he won't man up, and he does not get the right to act like a jealous boyfriend. Dammit. There goes the Three Musketeers. I feel bad for Brian because he's both of our friends and he would be forced to choose. Honestly, I don't think bros before hoes will apply here, as Brian's annoyed with A for his own set of reasons. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment