Monday, October 11, 2010

The Weekend

So, I had a weekend of ups and downs. Here's the lowdown: Friday night was wonderful. 21 had a good time at the housewarming party and said he like the gays. He was able to hold his own in the conversations and didn't stay at my side the whole night; he actually mingled. In return, the gays gave their seal of approval and told me not to mess it up. We had a wonderful (albeit too short) car ride home, and he sweetly kissed me goodnight, and made plans to hang out on Sunday.

Saturday had its moments. Ultimate was awesome, and I climbed a tree for the hell of it. I scraped my leg, but I don't regret it. Then I got a random text from Ondreas, and we met for lunch and had a blast. I ended up staying later than intended, and headed out late to Christian's party. Apparently, I missed the gun shooting and ATV/beer riding. Oh darn. The theme was Oktoberfest, so there was a lot of pork in the meal, and I had to pick and choose. If it wasn't a brat, it had bacon in it. Very difficult to find anything I could eat. I had some noodles, green beans, and a couple of tastes of desserts. I didn't stay very long, as I wasn't having fun.

I didn't realize until I started having an allergic reaction on the road driving home, that one of the desserts was made with wine or cordial. I was having trouble breathing, I got very flushed, and an extreme headache that was hindering my vision. I pulled over into a gas station and passed out. I believe I was only out for about 5 minutes, but I still waited an additional half hour to drive again. It was the most severe reaction I've ever had, and it was scary considering I was all alone, and driving a car. I hate to be that person, but I guess I have to ask from now on for every ingredient in a dish.

I still ended up heading to my NOLA reunion, but I only stayed for a couple of hours. I got to see a bunch of people that I've missed and had some good laughs. I still didn't completely feel well, so I went home. Apparently a big group barhopped after, which I would have loved, but it was not to be.

Sunday, I was so looking forward to, as 21 was very clear in asking when he could see me again, and it would have been fun to see him in a comfortable environment, watching the games. I got a text early asking how I was doing, and he proceeded to tell me that his friend had committed suicide that morning. I've been through it, so I told him that and asked if there was anything I could do for him. He said he needed the day and some understanding and that he was going to spend the day with the family. I told him to take all the time he needed, and to give me a call when he was ready. My heart goes out to him and the family as it's very tragic to lose someone, especially that young. I still have a pang when I think of my friend John from high school and how no one even knew until it was too late.

I really hope I hear from him again, and that he feels comfortable enough to talk to me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment