Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Is this the third thing? Because . . . DAYUM!

I received this text today from one of the guys I hung out with in NOLA. It was a follow up to a note I got on Facebook, basically inviting me to have drinks sometime. The text was an invite for tonight, so I figured, what the hell, I'll go. I had no expectations. and really had no idea who all would be there. Well, apparently this was a date.

After kickball, my team hung out for awhile at MLT's, and I did some karaoke. It was fun, and I have some great pictures I'll post on Facebook later. The invite was to go to Habits in Oakley, so I made my way over there. I was the only one besides him and it quickly became apparent that he had asked me out and not as a friend. We talked for awhile, and it was nice. I don't remember how it came up, but he discovered that I absolutely hate the name "Annie." So he proceeds to call me this, and threaten to use it in the future. Of course, I become annoyed, and we talk about how I want to punch him, but violence doesn't solve anything and it wouldn't make him stop anyway.

We continued the banter in this vein until we were ready to go. He walked me to my car with his arm around me the whole time. I gave him a hug goodbye. To be honest, I thought he was cute while we were in New Orleans. By the time I got home, he had texted me that he had a good time and would I be free to go out on Sunday? I do have plans, but I told him we may be able to meet up later that night. I'm willing to see where this goes, and we did have a blast in NOLA- he took very good care of me.

Why does this have to happen now? Why didn't he say something while we in New Orleans? It's been over 2 months! Geez louise, this is my kind of luck!

Tonight was just so strange that it completely distracted me from posting about the mouse or my foot. Maybe tomorrow, or more strangeness will occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment