Monday, October 4, 2010

Still pensive, but Sad Panda no more

So, a few things are settled, and some are still up in the air, but I'm not nearly as stressed.

I've decided to devote myself more to Give Back Cincinnati. I sat down Friday and hashed out a plan with the chair of the YPs for transitioning to new leadership so that I can roll off at the beginning of the year. I will still stay on as advisor, but will have much less of a hands on position.

I still haven't found a roommate. I would really like one to be able to save money, but if I limit my events to one a month that costs a bit more, and spend more time at the cheap/free ones, I can make it on my own by watching my spending like a hawk. I'll continue to look, but it'll be ok. I'm going to go to the bank to see if I can consolidate my loans into one, which would lower my monthly payment.

I'm still not sure about my job, but I'm going to buckle down and really commit. It's not that I don't get it, it's just that I'm bombarded from all sides. I need to apply focus and do one item at a time until I can cross it off the list. The jumping around I keep doing is not helping my productivity.

I still have feelings for my friend, but since I don't know where he stands, I'm going to go on my date tonight and enjoy myself. Who knows where that will go, as he's 21, but I'll have a good time for sure. I'm not opposed to the age difference- 9 years is nothing, it's just that he may be in a different place than I am. Which is ok, if we're not going to go long term. When we met on Saturday, it was an instant connection. He kept scooching closer to me and bumping my knee, until he didn't move his hand, and I didn't want him to. ;)

I figure 21 and I will have fun for the time being, and in the meantime, I'll try to decipher my friend's feelings. I've been talking to Radhika about the situation, and she's given great advice. The next time we get together for dinner, I'll suggest we rent a movie too. We'll see. It makes me wonder if he does like me as he challenges me and frustrates me at every turn. No one else is able to push my buttons that far- he tells me he enjoys doing so.

I don't know, very sleepy right now, and my head is muddled. More on this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment