Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I am a terrible person.

I spent all my energy trying not to "like" like 21, and now I've gone and done it. He was just so nice and genuine that he broke through all of my defenses. The problem is, I haven't heard from him in three days. Which is understandable, considering the tragedy he's gone through. But, I am selfish and want to hear from him. Every. Single. Day. I sent him a quick text on Monday afternoon, asking how he was doing that day. I also called Monday night and got his voicemail, but didn't leave a message. I have refrained since then because I don't want to come off as needy or clingy. (but would it hurt him to send a quick text along the lines of "need more time?")

I'm really hoping I hear from him soon. I thought we had a good time, and he wanted to see me again, so my brain goes to "what did I do wrong?" Did I not share my feelings? When he asked me what I was thinking and I replied, "nothing," was he dissatisfied with my answer? Is he bothered by the age difference? Has he lost interest, and this is another case of 'never call again' that I always seem to attract?

The bottom line is, everyone grieves at their own pace, and it may take him a week or more. I am a terrible person for wanting to speed this up and have him pay attention to me. The last thing he needs is to work on a new relationship when his head is elsewhere. If he calls me again, great, if not, we had fun for a bit, and I should move on.

I'll give him a call next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment