Sunday, October 17, 2010

Curveball

I talked to 21 on Friday. He had visited his dad the previous night, and said it was both a good and bad visit. Immediately, I was wary. He tells me that it was nice seeing him, but that his dad found him a job, and oh, by the way, it starts tonight. While this doesn't seem like a big deal, here's a few facts about the situation.

He's going to live with his dad in Lawrenceburg, IN, which is 45 minutes away.
The job is 3rd shift in a factory.
He will still be going to school in the mornings.
He does not have a license, so I will have to do all the driving to see him.
He does not have weekends off, so actual face time is going to be difficult.

And the kicker: he really likes me, he thinks I'm cute, he wants to pursue every avenue possible with me, and he wants to see this go long term. How can I say no to that?

We're going to keep dating, and see where this goes. Honestly, it could be a blessing in disguise, as the distance forces me to calm my libido down, and we'll spend more time on the phone getting to know each other. So far, communication doesn't seem to be a problem. He even responded to a text this afternoon in the middle of family dinner, and promised to call me later.

I feel bad about it, but I'm going to bail on my friends on Thursday (we were going to do karaoke), so that I can go over there and we can hash out a schedule in person. I hate to be that regimented, but considering how busy we both are, this is probably the best solution.

Still waiting for the third thing . . .

Update:

We're meeting in Kenwood when I get out of work on Thursday and I'll be meeting some of his friends. Getting nervous now.

No comments:

Post a Comment