Monday, September 14, 2009

How did you meet?

I've been told by several people that I am crazy to think I will meet the person I will marry at work. Every one of them rushes to tell me their horror stories about it not working out. When I point out several people that have had success stories, I am told they are all flukes. Even though, for every horror story, I can match it with a success. That's a lot of flukes.

The way I figure it, you spend half your life working, and another quarter sleeping. If I left it up to the remaining 25%, it makes for a bleak future indeed. I suggested to the chair of the Young Professional group that we have a singles mixer. Maybe give it a theme like "the 80's." We'll see if my suggestion is take seriously. Or if I remain single forever.

2 comments:

  1. I think it makes perfect sense. When you're younger, you only really date people you meet in school, and when you're out of school, you spend so much time at work that it only makes sense that you'll meet someone there.

    We spend enough time at work, where the hell else are you supposed to meet people? Bars are usually unappealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Maybe one of the singles from Give Back Cincinnati will latch onto me. Then, there's always Craigslist. :)

    ReplyDelete