Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bait and Switch

I got invited to a party at one of my work friend's. The invite said "Come enjoy a FUN party" and "Kendra is going to blow the roof off the joint!" Now, I don't know who Kendra is, but I figured I would meet her through our mutual friend and felt excited to be invited to a lovely wine and cheese party (we all were supposed to bring some alcohol). I even baked brownies.

Imagine my surprise when I walked through the door, and a "Pure Romance" table was set up. You know, one of those parties that sells adult toys and lotions. WHAT THE HELL!!!

Here's the kicker: not only did I stay, even though I was a little perturbed by not knowing the truth in advance, but I actually bought something! Am I a great friend or what?

It was shave lotion, if you want to know. Get your mind out of the gutter.

1 comment:

  1. I don't find that shave stuff particularly impressive. Hope it's better for you. I would have left after being snowed like that, though.

    ReplyDelete