Monday, July 26, 2010

Better to be pissed off than pissed on!

This is the conversation I was a little proud of that I referenced on Facebook. Usually, he pisses me off, but Friday, I managed to make him mad, to the point he logged off communicator and wouldn't talk to me the rest of the day, or that night at ultimate. Plus, I ran into him on the field and knocked him down! I am a horrible friend.

Tra, Quoc L [9:57 AM]:
I was asked by another college lady if I was still in college last night.

Witgen, Ann E [10:03 AM]:
you know, someday that will stop happening
and then what will you do?
right now, it's kind of your hook
Tra, Quoc L [10:07 AM]:
I'll move to a 3rd world country and pretend to be a rich American
Witgen, Ann E [10:07 AM]:
why not try the truth?
Tra, Quoc L [10:08 AM]:
i'm using the truth right now and it works just fine
Witgen, Ann E [10:08 AM]:
no you're not.
Tra, Quoc L [10:08 AM]:
nothing i say is false
Witgen, Ann E [10:08 AM]:
you don't make any effort to correct people's assumptions
Tra, Quoc L [10:08 AM]:
who's fault is that?
Witgen, Ann E [10:08 AM]:
i was told last week that i was 24, and i corrected them
it's deception
so it's your fault
a lie by omission
so, when the lady said you were in college, what did you tell her?
Tra, Quoc L [10:09 AM]:
bah i'm not the one that said it. i make true statements and they make assumptions without using critical thinking to ask the relevant questions
i told her i had finished my food science and technology degree

Witgen, Ann E [10:09 AM]:
that's deliberately misleading
she assumes recently, not ten years ago
Tra, Quoc L [10:10 AM]:
BS what is misleading about saying that I finished my food science and technology degree
again all anyone has do is ask
am i supposed to tell everyone my blood type too while we are doing full disclosure?
Witgen, Ann E [10:11 AM]:
now you're being ridiculous
all i'm saying is, you know that she was making an assumption about your age, and you should correct her
i know you enjoy this little game of yours, but trust me, it pisses women off
just offering my two cents
Tra, Quoc L [10:14 AM]:
i really think you're streching it way beyond reasonable to call it deceptions when I tell a person that I have completed the degree that I have completed.
Witgen, Ann E [10:15 AM]:
i will concede that deception is a strong word, but it still is an omission of a fact
Tra, Quoc L [10:16 AM]:
i'm ok with omission. I was just recently trained by a Lawyer again.
Witgen, Ann E [10:16 AM]:
that's stupid
in the course of the conversation, did you clear it up with her? or did she leave still thinking you were younger?
Tra, Quoc L [10:17 AM]:
i gave her all the clues she needed to put the piece of the puzzle together.

Witgen, Ann E [10:18 AM]:
see? games again
why does she have to piece it together?
Tra, Quoc L [10:19 AM]:
a test of intellegence. if she is not bright enough to figure it out, i'm not really interested in her anyway
Witgen, Ann E [10:20 AM]:
ah, it all makes much more sense now
Tra, Quoc L [10:20 AM]:
she gets plenty of clues through the course of the discussion
Witgen, Ann E [10:20 AM]:
i would think you would want a girl dumber than you
gives you the opportunity to feel superior a lot
Tra, Quoc L [10:20 AM]:
shrug that's too easy to find
Witgen, Ann E [10:21 AM]:
lol
there is a lot to be said for a straightforward, honest discussion
and there are different types of smarts
and knowledge in areas you don't have
Tra, Quoc L [10:22 AM]:
all my discussions are honest and straight foward, you're the one that claims that I do not have a filter
Witgen, Ann E [10:22 AM]:
so you really shouldn't reject someone out of hand because they can't figure out you're older than they assume
you don't have a filter
but you do tend to talk in circles
Tra, Quoc L [10:23 AM]:
I filter out the people who will have very little to talk with me about when it comes down to working through the complex issues of life
i would much rather be single than be in a relationship that can not possiblly work out
Witgen, Ann E [10:25 AM]:
so you are past the point of just enjoying dating?
Tra, Quoc L [10:25 AM]:
dating is a lot of work

Witgen, Ann E [10:27 AM]:
It doesn't have to be. You don't have to make every date an event. Some of the most fun I’ve had has been just hanging out. I think you make it a lot of work, which has colored your process of deciding who to date. This isn't over.

No comments:

Post a Comment