Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wasn't that a TV show in the 70's?

I'm done with BH. I get the impression he's gotten bored with me, and hems and haws every time I bring up something serious or talk about visiting. He is unwilling to travel to Ohio or meet halfway. Talking with him was fun, but it got to the point I was always initiating it. He would keep up the conversation, but I seemed to be always contacting him. So, I stopped. I've barely talked to him since last Friday when I told him about being out of cell phone range. He initially acted bummed, but then told me he probably wouldn't respond anyway. Which he hasn't, so I'm done. I'd rather stop now, than have strong feelings involved.

On a related note, I started up a conversation with a guy that is a friend of a friend (one of the girls I worked with in NOLA). We'll see what happens there. We're both looking for a relationship; time will tell if we have chemistry.

I'm really trying to work on taking things one day at a time and enjoying life. After a crapper of a day today, I made the effort to turn my mood around so I would be cheerful for kickball. That group of people just raises my spirits! We went to MLT's after, like we always do, and I had a great chat with Cheryl and later with Josh that really put things in perspective for me. Relationships should take some work, but if it's meant to be, it won't be as hard as I'm making it. I should enjoy being single and make the most of it. I was also told the other day, "Don't make someone your priority if you're an option." That's damn prophetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment