Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Situation

I have this burning need to call Dan, knowing that he's home now, but so far I'm resisting. It's not because I miss him, but because I never really got closure. What's the best way to end it with someone that has communication issues? Stop talking!

I'm just feeling lonely since my other situation is in Michigan. What is it with me and long distance stuff? Let alone, always after the boys with issues! Also, a tiny portion of my brain is aware that I may be projecting my feelings onto a rebound since it's only been a month.

Anyway, I've been talking to BH every day since the first day he contacted me. We both are "in like" but are hesitant because of the distance. I wouldn't say we're dating, but I would go so far as to call it a flirtation with a future. While I was in NOLA, we talked for at least 3 hours every day: the hour bus ride in the morning, the hour at lunch, and the hour bus ride home. We would also text randomly throughout the evening, then a whole bunch some of the days before bed (depending on my level of sobriety). I'm going to go visit him sometime in September and spend the weekend; he's going to take me sailing.

At the very least, we don't have communication issues. There could be things that crop up in the future, but I can't think about that or I get upset. Again, reminding myself to take it one day at a time and really enjoy each one for what it is. I remind myself when I panic about the future, just where we were a month ago, which was not talking at all. Way for him to be bold!

On that- I asked why he contacted me in the first place, and he told me that he was looking for friends/flirting and had thought about me on and off since the drama reunion last year. He finally worked up the nerve to contact me on chat by making a comment about my status. Honestly, I had forgotten that we were friends on Facebook until he did.

I told him that I may be unreachable this weekend due to my family reunion being in BFE, and he's really bummed. On top of that, his phone crashed last night and he lost our entire conversation history. He's like me in that regard- he likes to go back and reread. I immediately went to the Android market and found an app that downloads your SMS to Gmail. Currently processing . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment