Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tinker toys

Well, I had a great birthday. I was single, but it ended up okay. My minor freak-out (in my head) as I approached 30 was that if I was single on that birthday, I would be single for life. That may be why I dragged it out with Dan a couple of weeks more than necessary. I'm still not going out on a lot of dates, but I am certainly using every opportunity I have to meet new people. I just wish there was someone out there that could handle me- I know I come across as a bit agressive and over-the-top, but I refuse to act falsely to attract a man.

With that note, a couple of updates, then a funny story.

The guy I was corresponding with from Chemistry stopped. Not sure why, but I reread the last note, and can't find anything that would have throw him off. Maybe he just thought we had different interests or was disappointed because I didn't suggest we meet right away. Oh well.

Correspondence with the guy from high school has taken an interesting turn. He contacted me last week to ask what the "t minus ...." comments in my Facebook status meant. He's contacted me every day since, and I remembered that he had given me his number at the drama reunion two years ago (My number is on my Facebook page, so it was only a matter of time before he contacted me). I also remember flirting with each other, but at the time, I attributed it to the fact we were both drinking. So, I sent him a text the other day. Now we've been constantly texting every day and chatting on Facebook. He's invited me to take a ride on his boat or in one of his custom built cars the next time I visit Michigan.

Today was the turning point. We had a very frank discussion about his ex wife, sex in general, work, etc. And kept talking . . . Somehow "closing the gap" was brought up, and I'm well aware he wants to meet up. I so don't know what to do, but I do know I don't really want to be in a similar situation to what I had with Dan. Although, the communication is already better. He has praised my honesty, but I guess it helps that we already knew each other from high school and drama club. Will keep you posted . . .

As promised, the funny story:

Went to Erin's housewarming party on Saturday night and had to go to the bathroom. I didn't see a lock, but I figured the fact that the door was closed would be a deterrent, or at least cause someone to take the time to knock. But no. I'm sitting there, doing my business, and Brian walks in on me. He turned red and ran out, apologizing. Of course, I had to keep teasing him about it all night for my own amusement. The truth is, I was more covered in the bathroom than I was in my bathing suit the following day, which he also saw me in. His take on the whole thing, "At least it was you, Ann." Yep. Friend zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment