Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rejections of the week

I asked a guy to lunch the other day. I'm guessing since I haven't heard from him, he's not interested. Oh well, at least I tried. Had a couple of other minor rejections, but not really worth a mention-especially since one came via facebook, and was more of a joke.

I don't know why I let these things bother me so much. I keep myself busy, I have a ton of friends, I am really active. I just feel that my life would be better shared with someone. Radhika suggested I start hanging out in coffee shops and bookstores and chat up random strangers. It seems a weird concept to me, but I'm willing to try anything. You never know where it will happen.

Josh has said he'll set me up with his friend John. We hung out a couple of weeks ago, and had a good time, but I'm not sure if there is any interest on his part. I guess we'll see.

I'm just in a funk in general. I am so sick of the United Way fundraising that I got roped into, and I have to make a major decision about what group I participate in this next year. I really want to get more involved in Give Back Cincinnati and possibly take a board position, but if I do that, I need to scale back my ARG participation at work. I won't be able to devote my time to the YP group and it may crumble without me. I would hate for Kroger to be the first company in the city to lose its young professional arm because no one cared enough.

I'm also stressing about my roommate search. I've had no takers yet, and I hate to find a stranger on craigslist. I really can't afford my apartment on my own, and I can't afford to move. I have 3 weeks to find someone, November 1st at the latest.

I've had several people comment that I seem down lately, which isn't like me. I hate that people are noticing the stress, and I hate what it's done to my face. Something needs to change, and soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yeesh. That sounds overwhelming. Sorry I can't be around enough to help you feel better. Try not to get too stressed (easier said than done, I know).

    ReplyDelete