Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The flame still flickers

So, this story is a combination of me opening my big mouth, and my dating life. Enjoy!

After a wonderful date on Sunday with Yacob (after which he called to say he missed me already), we were texting on Monday after I got out of work. We exchanged the usual mushy stuff, and I mentioned that Drew wanted to meet him. The context was that I was watching Drew and Mary's dog the previous weekend, and I had to have AJ take over some of the duties since I would be on a date. Drew wanted to meet the guy that was more important that his dog. Funny, right? I thought so, and I shared, thinking he would see the joke.

That was the last I heard from him. I guess it didn't translate well across text and language barriers. I called him on Wednesday, inviting him to a fundraiser I was going to Friday night and had an extra ticket for, and then again on Thursday to invite him to the Cyclones game a group was going to on Saturday night. I was sent straight to voicemail. Apparently, I scared him off.

So, today, I decided one last attempt wouldn't make me seem pathetic, so I sent him a quick text that said, "Are we still talking, or did I scare you off?" I got an immediate response, "Lol, of course not! It's a long story. I'll be in touch soon!"

So, I did think my big mouth did some damage, but we'll see what the deal is here. Updates to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment