Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Why I changed the title of the blog

Funny story . . .

Karen came to visit this weekend, and got to experience driving around Cincinnati with me. Part of the reason I now ride the bus to work is because I have become a very aggressive driver and can't stand the rest of the people on the road. I tend to yell things, call names, and get frustrated with everyone else's driving. Anyway, she got to witness all this, and may have been slightly amused/horrified.

I was driving downtown, and pulled into an underground parking garage. There was a large white pickup trying to maneuver into a space meant for a compact car. I yelled, "You're too big!" and Karen noticed both my windows, and his were wide open. There was no way that he didn't hear me. Then I felt bad, because a great big guy got out of the truck, and he had no way of knowing if I was insulting him, or his truck.

Later on, while we were waiting for our dinner at a restaurant with an outside patio (a story for another day), there were some pigeons flying around grabbing at scraps on the ground. Karen noticed they were being fed by some guys at a table behind me. Not knowing who was the culprit, I turned around and yelled, "All right, who gets a beatdown for feeding the rats with wings?!?!" I turned back; Karen looked at me and said, "maybe you need to pretend the windows are always open and people will hear you."

Hence, the title of my blog, and a reminder to keep my big mouth shut unless writing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment