Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto.

Yay! I have a second follower! Although, given the user name, I'm inclined to believe it's a bot. That's okay, I welcome their comments, too.

And now, for the story of the restaurant . . .

Karen and I went to Rock Bottom, in the heart of downtown Cincinnati, and a restaurant I love. I gave her a bunch of recommendations from the menu, and chose a favorite for myself (Sonoma chicken wrap for her, Southwest burger for me). We gave the waitress our order, and proceeded to wait. We were talking so much, and yelling at other patrons (me), that we didn't notice an inordinate amount of time had passed. I mentioned that I was really hungry, and could start gnawing on the table. This was about 4pm, and we had been there since before 3:30pm.

I've mentioned previously about the pigeons (I can't believe they used to be a delicacy in Olde England). There was one that was walking around in front of the door to go inside Rock Bottom. Another server opened the door and the pigeon flew up in his face and he screamed a little. I told him I was waiting for that to happen, and he kind of glared at me. What I meant was I was waiting for someone to hit the pigeon with the door, and he thought I meant I was waiting for someone to be startled by the stupid birds. Oops, forgot about the windows again.

The waitress came over and noticed that we didn't have any food. Apparently, another table had came in after us and ordered the exact same thing we did, and a different employee (just a food runner) took our food out to them. When our server checked with her, she asked if the food had gone out, not to whom it went. She apologized profusely to us, and put our order in again. The manager came out to our table and apologized, and said that they would make it up to us.

Meanwhile, Karen orders another beer, and we continue talking, and complaining about being hungry (mostly me). Our food finally comes out shortly before 4:30pm, and we devour it. I think I finished my burger in less than 5 minutes. Both the waitress and the manager came out again to apologize and bring us our bill. After 3 beers, $5 apiece, and 2 meals, $10 apiece; the total bill came to $14.84. They charged us $2 total for the beers, since they served us, they had to charge us something, then gave us a hefty employee discount on top of it. I left a good tip based on the original total, because, really, if not for the extreme hunger we felt, we would have never noticed. She did give us good service, good food, good company, and with that total, who's to argue?

No comments:

Post a Comment