Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Confused . . .

I have a situation going on with a friend- I don't know how I feel, and I don't know how he feels, but let me explain Friday.

Thursday night, a few people went over to the Kilt for a late Thanksgiving dinner (Ugh, so stuffed!), and A was supposed to meet me there. The other people with me were bored with the bar, and wanted to go to a different one downtown. So we left, and A missed me by less than 5 minutes. He begins texting me right away (yes, I texted and drove, and I am ashamed), wondering why I didn't stay. We basically chatted for several hours while he was there, and I was at a bar downtown. He then invites me to lunch the next day.

So, I go to lunch with him, and it's really nice. I leave, and do some shopping with Todd. He texts me later and invites me to dinner. I tell him I have Todd with me, and he tells me to bring him along, there's a whole group. We have a nice dinner, and keep exchanging glances and faces, and he tells me that I'm pretty much one of his favorite people.

Todd and I leave, and A starts texting me again. He tells me to drop Todd off and come hang out again. So I do, expecting a whole group and we'll go out on the town. I get there, and it's just me and him, and he wants me to help him pick out a new tv so we can watch a movie (Black Friday deals). I do so, and we drive back to his house where he sets it up in his bedroom and invites me to lay down on his bed to watch it.

He then proceeds to strip off all his clothes except his boxers, and climbed into bed next to me (I'm still fully clothed). It was chilly because his ceiling fan was running, so we're under the covers together. He occasionally touched my arm or my leg all night, but nothing else. I left after the movie was done, but that was still 3am.

The confusion comes into play because he has a bunch of girls always hanging around him that he calls his harem or his mistresses but insists that I'm different. Then he treats me like a good buddy and asks me to introduce him to my single female friends. This is the same guy at Labor Day that said he was maybe interested in something with me after we flirted for days.

He told me today that he was going to ax all the girls in his life but wanted to make sure that I knew I wasn't included in that and he doesn't consider me one of the "mistresses." So what does that mean? We're good buds, or he's looking for something more? It would not be difficult for me to have stronger feelings for him, as he's already one of my favorite boys and we hang out all the time. He's a nice guy that tries to act like an asshole, but I see right through the act and call him on it. I'm probably the only girl he doesn't play games with.

I don't know. I guess I'll just stay the course until he makes up his mind. Don't think in the meantime that I'm waiting around!

1 comment:

  1. Josh gave me some advice: "if he pays for your dinner, then he's interested in pursuing something. If he doesn't, he may be interested, but not at that point. Best thing to do is just wait and let him make the move."

    ReplyDelete