Monday, November 23, 2009

Do you pay attention as well?

Thursday, I'm sitting in a meeting, and we're all listening to the conference call. The people on the other end go off on a random tangent, so we stop listening. Somehow, the conversation in the room turns to personal grooming for men, and all of the guys are chiming in with their two cents: how best to preserve the razor, what type to use, how it's a hassle, etc.

The girls are basically silent through this exchange, but when one guy mentioned he heard olive oil was the best at keeping the razor lubricated, I'd had enough. I waited for a pause in the conversation, then said, "I don't know what the problem is, I just wear pants." Dead silence for at least a minute. All of the girls start laughing, and finally, the guys do too.

I'd consider this instance of getting past the filter, a big fat WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment