Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Boys are my favorite subject

I was looking over old posts, and I saw I never gave closure to a few items.  Obviously, I ended things with the musician.  We were never on the same page, and he is a lot of fun, but not the commitment type.  I'd like to think we're still friends, as I attended several of his shows this year, but I think the band broke up.  DH has a girlfriend now, and we're still friends and hang out once in a while. 

Between them and now, I dated Olu and Jason (at the same time :-/), because neither one had all the qualities I was looking for, but between them, I had a good time.  Olu was too involved in school to have enough time for me, and Jason ended up having a girlfriend that he didn't tell me about.  Nice.  I also had some single dates (Steve the cop is a memorable story for later), a lot of making out, and exchanges of numbers.  Basically, I had a hell of a good time!

In the meantime, I was ramping up my online dating, and had two guys that were very promising, Ed and Subbu.  Ed moved here from Columbus and didn't know anyone, and was painfully shy.  He liked my profile on Chemistry.com and we started emailing each other before he moved.  This continued for a month, and on the weekend that he moved, we agreed to meet for lunch and see what happened.  We ended up talking for hours, right into the dinner rush!  I dated Ed for a couple of months, and every date was full of conversation but he would never make a move on me, and it was frustrating.  I even did the typical flirty things, like brush lint off, adjust his collar, lean in close, and nothing.  We went out one last time before I left on vacation with my parents to Florida, and I thought everything was fine.  We texted a couple of times while I was gone, but I tried to connect with him again when I got back, and he wouldn't return any text or phone call.  The end.

Subbu was a different story.  He also liked my profile and we chatted for over a month.  The problem was he lives in Wooster, and I live here.  So we finally decided to meet up in Columbus.  It was an instant connection and we hung out for 10 hours!  We managed to talk every day and met up several times between that first meeting and recently.  He's a great guy and very good with massage, which he was always willing to give, but the distance was too much of an issue, and he was just starting his tenure track in Wooster.  We didn't even get to a point of discussing it because he would always pull back.  I ended it with him a little while ago.

And then I met Marty . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment