Sunday, February 28, 2010

Windows open in Winter? That's crazy talk!

Two stories today:

Last Tuesday, I was driving to work, and following the proper driving procedures, turn signals, stay in lane, you know. I turned the corner to approach the parking garage on the left. A guy flew around me on the right, cut me off, and pulled into the garage ahead of me.

Of course, I yelled, "Fucker!!"

Both mine and his windows were down as we were preparing to grab a ticket from the feeder. Fortunately, the other driver ignored me, and proceeded into the garage. My passenger, on the other hand, did not. Drew reminded me that I should proceed in traffic as if my windows were always open and maybe not shout things. It's as if he reads this blog!

Last Wednesday, I was walking on Vine street to catch the bus home, and the intersection at 7th is a little dicey. Drivers tend to run red lights, so crossing on the "all clear" is dangerous. One of the cars raced across the street on the red, and stopped in the crosswalk.

I yelled, "Nice stop in the intersection, NUMBNUTS!!"

His windows were fortunately up, since he looked kind of scary. The pedestrian walking next to me did not have windows, so he clearly heard me. It wasn't a complete fail, though, since we struck up a conversation as we continued down Vine for a couple of blocks. Nice guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment