Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Why am I unmotivated?

I was going great guns with exercise, working out at least 3 or 4 times a week, for over an hour. I was up to running 5 minutes at a stretch. I was on top of the world! Then, I broke my pinky toe (*see below), and I couldn't work out for two weeks. Most of what I do is cardio and on my feet, so of course it never occurred to me to do another form of exercise. I got out of the habit so easily, and now I never feel like it, and two months have passed. My original intent was to run part of the Flying Pig 5K this weekend, but now I have no stamina for running at all. I'm still going to walk it, but now I won't be able to keep up with Karen and finish in less than 45 minutes. I can't even run two blocks to catch the bus when I'm running late!

I have the desire to work out when I'm at work, but by the time I make it home, I'm exhausted. I've even gone so far as to change into work out clothes, then I sit around in them until it's time for bed. I wish I was one of those nauseating morning people that could get up at 5 am, get in a workout, and be ready for work on time. But then, I would probably be asleep by 9, and that would seriously cut down on my tv watching. I'm not sure what would motivate me at this point.

*I refused to turn on the light while walking in the living room, and slammed the side of my right foot against the ottoman, which happens to be made of solid plywood and wins when pitched against bone. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment